According to research, a good fragrance is capable of evoking possible states of mind within a very short span of time. Thus keeping your home fragrance spreads around positivity. Reed diffuser has emerged as a trend in home fragrancing. Rather than using sweet smelling candles, people use reed diffusers now, which not only keep your house fragrant but also add aesthetics to home décor.
- What is A Reed Diffuser?
- Advantages of Using a Reed Diffuser
- Top 5 Best Reed Diffusers Reviews
- How To Use A Reed Diffuser?
- Step-by-Step Guide for Choosing the Best Reed Diffusers
- Final Thought
What is A Reed Diffuser?
Reed diffuser uses a bunch of Rattan or bamboo reeds which suck up the scented oil and spreads it naturally through evaporation. The scent in the reeds slowly evaporates with time leaving a fragrance around it.
Reeds are often placed in a ceramic pot, glass jar and glass bottle which can be decorated to make it attractive. They have gained tremendous popularity because of the fact that they are easy to install and require next to zero maintenance. In this article, we will enlist the top five best reed diffusers which you should buy to maintain aroma in your home.
Advantages of Using a Reed Diffuser
- Unlike scented candles, reed diffusers are eco-friendly and flame-free. Being flame-free makes them safer as compared to candles. There is no fear them.
- A reed diffuser does not contain any kind of alcohol content in it. Natural essential and aromatic oils are used instead to spread the fragrance.
- Reed Diffusers are easy to install and can be placed anywhere in the home.
- There is no maintenance cost as a reed diffuser usually works for several months without changing the reeds. They are much durable than scented candles.
- Being made of ceramic or glass, a reed diffuser looks like an artistic structure and adds aesthetic value to your home. You can buy reed diffuser of a color that matches the interior designing of your home.
Top 5 Best Reed Diffusers Reviews
Although there are many reed diffusers on the market for your choices, but I recommend top 5 best reed diffusers 2017 with quality and brands:
Victsing aroma essential oil diffuser is a natural looking home diffuser with 0.1% chemical fibre which can be used to constantly spread fragrance in your home. It has 7 colored LED lights which can be adjusted accordingly.
The VicTsign aroma essential oil diffuser can be placed anywhere in your house to spread sweet around. It does not produce any kind of noise while working because it is based upon ultrasonic technology. The oil diffuser allows you to mix more than one aromatic oils so that you can use oils of two different smells.
- It is very easy to install and operate. You can use the given function keys to switch to the desired mode.
- The diffuser is coated with wood grain, which lends it a natural look and it makes it appealing to look at.
- It features an automatic power-off safety alarm which switches off the device when the water gets used up.
- It is not very durable.
- It is a small diffuser and does not cover many areas.
Give your loved ones an amazing gift in the form of Oorja Thai Jasmine Bamboo Essential oil reed diffuser. It soothes the aura around you by disbursing natural calming scent.
Oorja scents are extracted from the most fragrant jasmine flowers which create an atmosphere and peace and calmness.It does not require any power source to work and is rather environment-friendly. The Oorja reed diffuser does not contain any kind of alcohol, Parabens, and Phthalates.
It is one of the best reed diffusers available out in the market today.
- The captivating aroma of jasmine and bamboo soothes the mind and body.
- It does not require electricity to work and is a completely natural reed diffuser.
- The diffuser is not preferred by people who love the crisp smell.
Nest is a renowned name in the home fragrance objects, they are known to produce best reed diffusers. The Nest Fragrances Reed diffuser comes in a beautiful classic shape with modern stripe etching.
It includes notes of pink pomelo grapefruit and watery nuances that are mixed with lily of the valley and coriander blossom. As soon as you start it, a sweet, fruity smell disburses out of it.
The Nest Fragrances Reed Diffusers are a completely natural reed diffuser as it contains no content of alcohol. It constantly releases the fruity aroma in your home for as many as 90 days.
- The grapefruit scent leaves refreshing and comforting aroma around you.
- Visually, the reed diffuser is appealing and can match any home décor.
- It releases a very fruity and sweet smell; not made for people who are looking for something crisp.
The Moroccan Amber scented reed diffuser by Nest contains notes of Moroccan amber, sweet patchouli, heliotrope and bergamot that are highlighted with a hint of eucalyptus. The glass vessel looks equally enticing and can be placed anywhere in your home.
Nest produces reed diffusers which are eco-friendly and without any kind of alcohol content in them. The fragrance will last for approximately three months as diffuser will keep on releasing it continuously in the air.
- The warm, spicy scent will trigger positive vibes around you.
- The container is a thing of beauty and matches well with your home’s surroundings.
- The fragrance is so sweet that it will not be preferred by some people.
The kai Reed diffuser is undoubtedly one of the best reed diffusers that you can buy for your home. A balanced smell, the scent smells like an exotic white flower blend. The base liquid does not contain paraben, sulfate, phthalate and phosphate.
- The glass vessel is attractive and weighs just 6.75 ounces with wooden reeds.
- The subtle smell will rejuvenate you, keeping your mood healthy and fresh.
- The smell won’t last much longer
How To Use A Reed Diffuser?
Undoubtedly, reed diffusers are one of the easiest ways to keep your home fragrance. It is affordable, conventional and easy to set up. If you are new to reed diffusers, then by following the below-mentioned steps you can easily use a reed diffuser efficiently so that its fragrance lasts long.
- Place the reed sticks into the glass or ceramic bottle that came with the reed diffuser kit. The reeds will absorb the aromatic oil from the bottle.
- Once the sticks have soaked up the oil, flip the sticks upside down so that the end which was dipped in the oil earlier is in the air now and the end which is dried is inside the oil.
- Now your reed diffuser will naturally release the fragrant oil into the air and will keep your surroundings aromatic.
- If after a period of time, you feel that the fragrance of the reed diffuser is fading away then you can repeat step 2 again.
- If you are using a reed diffuser in a small room or in the bathroom, then use fewer sticks because more sticks mean an overwhelming smell.
- Reed diffusers can leave a mark on a wooden object because of oil present in it, so it is always advised to place it on a non-wooden structure.
- Reed diffusers should be kept out of the reach of children as they work best when untouched. The natural process of evaporation releases the oil in the air.
- Diffuser oil is flammable in nature and should not be ingested. Take special precautions while using a reed diffuser if you have children around.
Also, please follow the instructions given on the packaging of the reed diffuser about how often you should replace the reeds and the oil.
Step-by-Step Guide for Choosing the Best Reed Diffusers
- Choose the smell according to your taste.
- Best reed diffusers do not contain any alcohol content; choose a scent which is environment-friendly.
- Choose a durable reed diffuser. A perfect reed diffuser doesn’t lose its smell easily.
- Try to buy a reed diffuser which works on its own and does not require any external power source.
- Prefer a reed diffuser which matches with your interior designing.
Reed diffusers are the best alternative for scented candles as no flame or fire is involved. It is a completely safe option for spreading aroma in your house, even if you have pets and children around. There is a very large variety of essential oils available which can be used in a reed diffuser. It is one of the easiest and simplest ways to keep your home fragrance with natural oils.
Reed diffusers are easy to install and you just need to switch the sides of reeds after a few days. Reed diffusers are far better than any other kind of fragrance emitting thing. With the help of the above-given list of best reed diffusers, you can easily choose the best reed diffusers for your home.