Flooring for your home is an expensive investment you make while decorating the interiors. You have ample choices, and selecting different flooring for each room may require careful consideration at your end.
As each space of your home serves a different purpose, the flooring choice needs to correspond to it. Choosing the correct flooring for other rooms will save you time and money. Moreover, it will make your rooms and floors looking great for years. All with little maintenance regularly, and you can enjoy its beauty for years.
Factors To Consider
- Budget: If you are looking for low-cost options, better to omit granite or marble. Remember, within your budget; you can always find a good-looking and durable flooring option.
- Location: The flooring suitable in the walkway or living room may not work at all, say in the kitchen or balcony. Choose the flooring as per the location.
- Maintenance: What are the time and money you are willing to spend on maintaining your flooring? Each flooring type has varied maintenance needs, and it is a factor you must not ignore.
- Look and Feel: You will spend a significant portion of your life in your home with those floorings. Therefore, you need to get the ones that give you just the right look and feel.
Choosing Your Tile & Style of Your Flooring
Consider the big picture; it’s the best choice as it is readily available, cost-effective, and offers numerous versatile options. You choose from the different materials, from the stone varieties to the ceramic ones.
Read more: How To Take Care Of Ceramic Cookware
- Hardwood: It is a classic example of style and class and has the perfect balance of all aesthetic elements. It has warmth, character, and easy to maintain. You can have a good choice when it comes to the look and feel. Consider the antique reclaimed French oak planks sanded clean flooring option. Fine craftsmanship, fancy inlays, and patterns are available for you.
- Linoleum: Unlike the vinyl flooring option, it’s the ones that will remain the most beautiful and durable flooring option for decades. It is made of linseed and hence naturally waterproof and is environment friendly as well. You can prefer it for wet areas in your house, be it your balcony or bathroom.
- Cork Flooring: Cork flooring may not be popular, but it does deserve the rightful place. It is a renewable flooring option made from the bark of the oak tree. It works the best in dampening the sound and is impact resistant too.
- Bamboo Flooring: It is made from the world’s fastest-growing plants. It is a green flooring option and is considered to be as tough as the hardest woods. The tensile strength of bamboo flooring is greater than that of steel and compressive strength greater than concrete.
- Concrete Flooring: Concrete goes beyond garage floors and sidewalks. It is gradually establishing itself as the best option for mid-budget homeowners. The new techniques in staining and stamping have opened a lot of new beautiful options. The only limitation remains the imagination of the designer.
Those above are some tips for choosing different flooring for each of your rooms. I hope the tips are useful. If you have any questions or anything to share, please let me know in the comment section or via email. Thanks for visiting!