If you have a garden, or a backyard, you probably should have thought of having it lit.
A couple, outdoor lights here and there change the ambiance of a place, a place could look as deserted as a desert but throw a couple lights here and there, a couple bulbs here, fluorescent and LED’s lights the and boom your desert turns into Dubai. Well, thinking of it Dubai is merely a desert with lights all around that makes it one of the most scenic cities around the world, I digress.
What Is The Point of Having Outdoor Lights?
- Transforming your grim looking backyard or outdoors to a place that you could have beautiful moments need not involve a hefty trip to the landscapers that you set yourself back a couple a hundred dollars. Lights, yeah lights, exactly like the Thomas Edison light bulb. But besides beauty, that isn’t the end of these scenery transforming little magical things.
- They also provide a bunch of security and safety around your home. Well, there is no doubt that a robbed would heavily thinking twice before going to rob a well-lit yard. We aren’t robbers or professionals in that field but we would put our money where our mouths are and say that the chances of you getting an intruder would heavily drop. Even that neighbor that constantly loves popping by for no reason would probably feel like he is approaching Fort Knox. The safety part of it isn’t one to be played around with.
- A couple, lights here and there greatly reduces the chance of you running over something or hitting into something whilst driving at night. It’s all fun and games till your making a trip to the workshop to have your car fixed and you are presented with a jaw dropping quotation of how much it would cost to fix the bumper or the fender of your new Tesla (don’t mind us we are simply suckers for a good electric car).
What Type of Lights Should You Get?
It’s a tough sell to say that lights simply transform the place, but they do. But I guess the next question that pops up is what type of lights? The conventional security and flood lights are pretty good but they are definitely boring and just glare out the entire scene. If you could totally be honest with yourself, talking a picture in your backyard with floodlights would just make it look like the uglier version of your backyard compared to during the day time.
Then here comes our saving grace, our night in shinning amour. Solar powered outdoor lights, these lights have no safety or health risk which especially important if you have kids or a number of people in your driveway or in your backyard often. The upside to not having to deal with cables is simply unexplainable.
How Do They Work?
The solar powered driveway lights, work by using the sun’s rays to charge themselves up all day, then automatically turning on at the night. They are waterproof and resistant to the elements making them a close to full proof plan. Where they have one up in beauty and convenience, they have to sacrifice in their brightness. But a little extra brightness for or beauty, convenience or automaticity, please sign me up for a solar powered driveway lights any given day.
How to Install Them?
The drive way lights and backyard lights aren’t difficult to install (another point for the solar power lights but who is counting). Installing the lights normally involves driving them into the ground. They have a sharp end that allows them to easily pierce the ground and stand firmly. If you’d really want to be more secure. You could use concrete or a fixer to ensure that the light never comes out.
Tips on Where to Set Them Up
The decoration could be done in the way that best suits you as it would be unique and best believe us it would nine times out of ten turn out right. We have a couple of suggestions just to ensure that you are not totally in the dark on the entire topic.
- For starters, place your lights close to the wall. Lights by the fence of your house give an ergonomic and aesthetic appeal to the yard. The fence looks a little taller and a whole lot fancier. Plus whether or not you have a good looking fence, at night having the light look up onto your fence gives it a certain castle type of look that could never be recreated in any other way.
- Placing the lights by pillars and poles that would be at risk of being knocked over or run over is more of a safety precaution than an aesthetic move. All in all it is a really smart move and we are pretty sure that anyone driving through your driveway would heavily appreciate.
- Placing the lights along the pathway is one of the prettiest positions we highly recommend, if you haven’t ever seen this we recommend you try it. It gives an element of class that couldn’t be verbally explained or well explained in text, you would need to see this for yourself.
- Whilst we are still on the topic of good looks, having these lights dangling from a tree in your garden or lying low in the shrubs is something that isn’t appreciated enough. Depends on your personality the lights dangling from the tree maybe a little too much we highly advise having a visual of it before going ahead to make this move.
Our Tips To You Before Buying and Installing Your Lights
- As you get your lights we have a number of tips to ensure that you get the bang for your buck. For starters the lights shouldn’t be covered by the shadows of objects around it otherwise they will not charge and you’ll probably feel like you have been robbed of your money, the irony.
- Ask to ensure that the lights you will be getting will be able to withstand the elements. It would be an absolute shame to find all your lights aren’t working after the falling of the first rains.
- It is essential above all else to find out how bright the lights are.
If you would like to add a little feng shui to your backyard you could use some solar wind spinners. These are more like a party trick but the sure are an eye catcher.
If you would like to read more about outdoor lights, solar wind spinners and patio lawn & garden, you could click here.