Being a plant lover, understand how living in a fully covered house feels like. Well, you do not have to compromise with your all-time-favorite activity of gardening within your home just because of the lack of sunlight. Some of the best led grow lights work well to supplement the plants with the light that is essential for their growth.
Unlike their counterparts, the LED lights contribute in the optimization of the indoor setup without consuming much energy. Moreover, they may appear quite expensive initially. But in the long run, you will for sure love the investment you made on this product.
- What’s a LED Grow Light?
- Benefits to Customers When Using LED Grow Lights for Indoor Plants
- Why Choose a Full-Spectrum LED Grow Light?
- Top 5 The Best LED Grow Lights for Growing Indoor Plants On The Market
- 1. Roleadro LED Grow Light, Galaxyhydro Series 300W Indoor Plant Grow Lights Full Spectrum
- 2. VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 600W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants
- 3. BESTVA 1000W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Dual-Chip Growing Lamp for Hydroponic Indoor Plants
- 4. VIPARSPECTRA 1200W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants
- 5. King Plus 1000w LED Grow Light Double Chips Full Spectrum with UV and IR
- The Most Common Types of Indoor Grow Lights
- Some Items You May Need For Your Grow Room Kit
- How to Choose the Best LED Grow Lights for Indoor Plants?
- Final Thought
What’s a LED Grow Light?
LED grow lights are the light emitting diodes which come along with a heat sink and inbuilt fans. An LED Grow light has the ability to produce different wavelengths of light spectra that can be used to grow indoor plants.
A variety of LED grow lights are available in the market with different specifications and uses.
Benefits to Customers When Using LED Grow Lights for Indoor Plants
The popularity and demand of LED grow lights has increased significantly in the past few years. The reason behind it is the long list of the advantages that come along. Also, since people are turning environment-friendly, taking global warming and pollution in consideration, the LED lights seem to be the best option for indoor gardening in the scenario.
Since these lights automatically optimize the temperature and brightness required by the indoor plants, the traditional lighting system seems futile in comparison. Taking a closer view of the same, I have compiled a list of the five major advantages of using LED grow lights. Take a look before you finalize anything.
- Long lasting: Owing to high efficiency and low energy use, the lifetime of the LEDs is much more than other illumination technologies. Also, instead of stopping to work instantly, the LEDs slowly lose their brightness thereby indicating the consumer in advance.
- Targeted wavelength: Scientifically, plants absorb the highest amount of chlorophyll when they are exposed to specific wavelengths of light. LED lights are capable of employing specific spectra in order to match the peak absorption ranges. That means the entire process gets eased up while increasing the pace of plant’s growth in return.
- Energy savior: The high-pressure sodium lamps soak a large amount of energy thereby affecting the efficiency. LEDs, on the other hand, are an ideal source for meeting the energy requirements of the urban farming. Isn’t it a step towards an eco-friendly environment as well?
- Expertly designed: You will fall in love with the flexible designing of these LEDs grow lights as they can be easily fixed wherever you require them to. Also, these can be used as multilayer vertical systems and inner lightening designs between plants. The expertly designed products help to focus the major amount of light directed towards the plant and to minimize the loss to the largest extent.
- Protect the plants from excess heat: As mentioned earlier as well, the best led grow lights emit minimal heat as compared to its counterparts including bulbs and mercury lights. Supplying more light and less heat to the plants obviously cater their growth. Also, excessive heat is very harmful to the greenery which often leads to shorter lifetime.
Why Choose a Full-Spectrum LED Grow Light?
Science today has allowed us to understand and know the unsaid concepts of the plants and animals. A full spectrum LED grow light helps the plants grow better and healthy. It has been proved by science that the plants growing under the full-spectrum LED lights were more efficient than the ones grown under white or any other light.
This can be further explained by the relevance of the main function of a plant system, Photosynthesis. Plants do not require the bright and blinding white light on them for the photosynthesis process.
The various proteins and pigments required by the plants depend upon the wavelength received by them from the light helping in photosynthesis.
Thus different wavelength colors help in distinct functions of a plant. The best source of full-spectrum light is the sun. The closest similar light that can be provided to the plants is by these full-spectrum LED grow lights.
Top 5 The Best LED Grow Lights for Growing Indoor Plants On The Market
I understand how difficult it is to make a choice when you have innumerable good options to buy from. Keeping in mind the requirements of the customer and the reviews over various products, I have shortlisted the top five best led grow lights which actually excel from the bulk of the LEDs.
The 300w LED grow light is suitable for plants undergoing the stages like the seedling, growing, flowering or fruiting. Giving out sufficiently bright light, the product meets up the growth requirement of all types of plants.
I would recommend it to those who do not wish to compromise with the product in any way but can’t afford to spend hefty amount.
The cooling fan attached to the LEDs does not allow the light to burn out thereby taking care of your safety. They are very durable and come with a 2 years warranty policy.
- Super bright UV light
- Saves energy
- Effective cooling system
- The cooling fans produce loud noise
- Gets overheated when used continuously
These are meant for those people who love to grow bigger, denser plants that are completely coated with resin. The ultra-bright light is so powerful that you cannot look directly towards it. The reflector style LEDs helps in creating a balance with high PAR.
Also, instead of concentrating the light at a single place, which indeed is harmful to the growth of the plant, the VIPARSPECTRA reflector series evenly provide light to all the plants in your garden.
Also, the cooling fans along with the aluminum cooling heat sinks keep the temperature down and save you from the damage.
- 70% cooler than HID
- Provides maximum coverage
- Can be controlled by timer
- Creates and maintains a balance
- Perfect for quick growth of plants
- Not waterproof
- Not very durable
These are the highest Par/Lumen output generating LED lights. Having a 10W dual chip which makes it brighter and better than the 3W and 5W LED lights, these definitely outstand the collection.
These lights as per their motive are very beneficial and efficient for the saplings, plants, flowers, vegetables etc. They also consist of powerful yet quiet fan system which helps in retaining the temperature increase due to the light of the LED.
The structure of the lights is built in such a way that the aluminum body with holes and the glass make a perfect built which reduces the heat to 50-60℉ as compared to other lights.It is the most suitable light for the dimension area of 5.1’x4.7′ and a height of 24”.
- Highest Par/lumen output.
- Brighter than others
- Efficient cooling fan system
- Consumes only 185 watts
- 3 years of warranty
- Burns out very soon
- Small in size.
This range of LED lights has been highly successful. The reason behind their popularity is none other than their well created and scientifically engineered structure. The light provides the most optimized full spectrum light which keeps in keeping the plants and flowers healthful.
Also, it’s huge 4.72” fans and heat sink that is made of aluminum helps in keeping these lights cool and working. When it is compared to the electricity consumption of the other lights, being a 1000W LED light, it hardly consumes 524W.
The perfect area for the effective functioning of this light will be 4`x4` with 24” height.As because you get a 30 days guarantee in which if you aren’t satisfied you can return the item, it makes it more over a good purchase.
- Scientifically engineered
- Balanced Par/Lumen output
- Optimum full-spectrum light
- Easy heat dissipation
- Guarantee of satisfaction
- Not very efficient for flowering
- Only two fans help in cooling
- Consumes 1200W
The king plus LED grow light comes with 10w double chips which make it far brighter and more efficient than the traditional illuminating technologies. Being energy efficient, it helps you save a lot of money. The best part of this product is its spectrum.
Consisting of all lights ranging from red to blue, it totally mimics the sunlight and hence can be used to grow all sorts of plants. The properly designed system helps in proper heat dissipation.
Despite of all the facilities and features, if you face any problem or issues, the 24×7 customer service will help you get through it.
- Amazing cooling system to save your plants from heat damage
- Consist of the complete light spectrum
- Energy saving
- Maximum coverage
- Short lifespan of LEDs
The Most Common Types of Indoor Grow Lights
Indoor grow lights have proved to be an ultimate solution for indoor gardening. Owing to the varying demands and cultivation of different types of plants including herbs, plants, vegetables, fruits, there are innumerable options available in the market. Though they are meant to fulfill a single need, the method of operating it may differ slightly.
The below are the six types of indoor grow lights:
1. High-Pressure Sodium Lights
HPS can be used when you are willing to re-create the ambiance as that of a greenhouse. It would be the best option to choose if you stay at a place that does not receive sufficient sunlight. The drawback of the product is that it emits a lot of heat and hence you would need an advanced cooling system to cope up with the ill effects.
2. Metal Halide
Using only the moderate amount of wattage, these grow lights produce wavelength as that of the sunlight produced during late spring or early days of summers. In order to produce a wider light spectrum, one can combine it with HPS to form ‘dual arc’ bulb. This is far better and durable option to use.
These are not the grow lights but an addition to the same. They can be used along the other indoor growing lights to attain a specific wavelength for your plant. But be sure before buying them as these have a comparatively shorter lifespan. Also, you need to pay extra care towards your plants as the heat produced by Incandescent is harmful.
These are the most favorable option which is not only cost-effective but is also easily available. Though they come with a short lifespan, the fluorescent lights can be your best pick if you love to grow herbs or vegetables. Think twice before investing in them as you may have to limit yourself in certain things while using it.
5. High-Intensity Discharge (HID)
These are possibly the most powerful alternative for the sunlight. Emitting light twice as much as the fluorescents, HID is often used as the primary source of light as it can alone fulfill the requirements of the plants. Here, you have to compromise with money as these are a bit expensive.
6. LED (Light Emitting Diodes)
Known for having a long lifespan and environment-friendly traits, LEDs are the most preferred options nowadays. Since it’s easy to customize the wavelength with LEDs, you get a variety of options when it comes to indoor gardening. Immensely cost effective and easy to place, these grow lights are amazing in every manner.
Some Items You May Need For Your Grow Room Kit
Before you decide to purchase the best LED grow lights for your indoor plants, it is important to make a complete grow room kit. To make your grow room kit complete, you need to have the below listed things:
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses are required to safeguard the indoor plants from the harmful effects of light.
- Nutrients: Grow lights are the alternative of Sunlight for indoor gardening, but you need to provide nutrients to your plants along with grow lights.
- Grow tent: A grow tent safeguards indoor plants from dust and other harmful particles. It is a very important part of a grow room kit.
- Light meter: The growth of indoor plants can be disturbed if the correct wavelength of light spectrum is not provided to the plants. A light meter helps to check and adjust the required wavelength of the grow light on your indoor garden.
- Thermometer and hygrometer: These are another important parts of the grow room kit, as these help us to know the temperature around the plant and the quantity of water in the plant.
How to Choose the Best LED Grow Lights for Indoor Plants?
Before you choose to buy a specific product, make sure you have answers to three essential questions:
- What are you planning to grow?
- What is the space in which you will be growing your favorite plants?
- What are the variety of grow lights available and which one is most suitable for you?
Once you have an idea about the same, look into the output of the grow light. Make sure that it’s no less than 300W. Considering the type of plant that you will be growing, choose the most appropriate LED. It should avail you the light of the specific wavelength as needed by your plant.
Cooling aspects is the next most essential thing to consider. It is important that the LED should have proper functional fans that may protect your lamps as well as your plants from the excessive heat. It would be recommended to look for a thick aluminium heat sink attached towards the back.
Next, comes the lens to magnify the light. It is important for the light to reach to each and every plant and lenses help in the same. It might add a bit to the cost but it’s worth it.
Last but not the least; do not forget to know about the warranty/guarantee policies. Surely you would not want to spend on buying the LEDs again and again. So make sure it has a considerably long lifespan.
After taking a look at the above-mentioned the best LED grow lights, perhaps you have a clear idea about what to buy and what not to. You need to make the decision based on your requirements and budgets of course. As far as final thoughts from my side are considered, I would tag Roleadro LED Grow Light as the best among all.
It has not only the sufficient light that it emits, but it also has an affordable cost, long life span, and energy efficiency which makes it the most desirable option.Though it has a cut-throat competition with other products more or less, the rest lag behind in one field or the other.