Purchasing a high-end vacuum is a significant investment since you need to keep a broader perspective. Apart from having miraculous cleaning power, the product should be convenient to handle, durable yet not very expensive.
Owing to the many options available in the market, it is essential to look into few of the reputed and trustworthy brands before you make a decision. Also, your choice needs to take your individual lifestyle and cleaning needs into account.
If you have been in search of a best vacuum cleaner 2019, you must have come across several reviews talking about Shark vs Dyson. After all, these are two of the leading manufacturers of home appliances at present.
Shark vs Dyson – Comparing The Companies
- Number of employees: About 800
- Estimated Market share: 20%
- Annual turnover: $2 billion
If you are staying in a multi-storey building and finds cleaning as quite a complicated task, Shark vacuums are meant for you. They are extremely light in weight and are capable of going up the stairs. Also, it works commendably to clean the indoors of your car.
The ‘lift-away’ feature distinguishes it from all the other vacuum cleaners available in the market. The canister and wand can be easily detached from the body to convert it into a canister style model, which is indeed very portable. It is no rocket science to switch from one mode of the cleaner to the other.
What adds to this fantastic range of products is the feature of the motorized brush roll. It can be turned off or not depending upon your need and the type of flooring that is to be cleaned. Some of the vacuum cleaners that are produced by Shark include shark navigator, shark rotator, and shark rocket.
- Number of employees: 4000 +
- Estimated Market share: 27%
- Annual turnover: $8 billion
Vacuum cleaners manufactured by Dyson are incredibly innovative and different from the run of the mill stuff. The rotating ball in the vacuum allows easy movement. Also, it increases the power of suction. The ‘radial root cyclone technology’ ensures that every dust particle, pollen, hair, dander, etc… gets inside the vacuum effortlessly.
It works to make the airflow efficient. Looking into the specific functionalities (apart from the basic ones), the Dyson vacuums are highly recommended for those who own a pet. The self-adjusting plate customizes the height of the vacuum head automatically according to the type of the floor.
Moreover, the updated version of the products offers you beater brushes for amazing results. The maneuverability of the Dyson vacuum cleaners is incomparable.
Shark vs Dyson – Product Comparison for Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2019
To make it easy for you, we have tried to research and review few of the products while comparing them simultaneously. The comparison between Dyson vs Shark vacuum will hopefully guide you to mark your preference and hence make a better choice. After all, every penny counts hence spend it on something that is worthy of it. We assure that you won’t regret later.
1. Upright Vacuum
- The product has washable filters which are accompanied by the cyclonic technology
- The well-designed mechanism ensures longevity and durability of the vacuum cleaner
- The powered lift-away technology makes it convenient to convert a canister into a handheld or upright
- The mini motorized brush in replacement of the air driven brush gives better results
- Hard floor genie attachment
- Fingertip control on the handles makes it easier to switch from the carpet to the bare floor
- The swivel steering technology gives you the control over the vacuum while cleaning the dirt and dust around the obstacles like furniture
- Powered lift-away makes it reachable to places that are otherwise hard to clean.
- A 3 in 1 combination avails you the feature of using it in whatever way you find comfortable
- Relatively cheaper as compared to other models of the same brand as well as other brands
- Complete seal technology is a boon for the allergic as the vacuum seals the dust within itself and protects you from infection
- The filters need to be cleaned every now and then
- The self-adjusting cleaner head makes it convenient to handle
- Tangle free turbine tool is a great advantage for the pet keepers as it helps in removing every hair of your pet from the carpet
- The mattress tool helps in cleaning the mattresses
- Releasing the hose and wand is easy
- Dyson cinetic science traps the dust and prevents it from clogging the airways
- The bin can be emptied in mere one push of the button
- It is asthma and allergy friendly and hence can be used by anyone
- It is designed so as to reach the farthest are unreachable parts of your house while cleaning
- The multi-angle brush provides better cleaning by twisting into different positions
- Since the brush head is smaller, it is not possible for the cleaner to dig deep into the carpets and clean it properly
- The plastic body seems like a disappointment against the hefty price that you have paid for it
2. Handheld Vacuum
- It is an extremely powerful cordless vacuum which is capable of wearing away the dust and dirt from all kind of surfaces
- Truepet motorized pet brush helps you in getting rid of the fine animal hair
- Twister cyclonic technology offers strong suction for better results
- It comes with an 18V battery which can be recharged after use
- It is very portable, light in weight and easy to handle
- It is durable and comes with a warranty policy
- Also, it is capable of cleaning even the fabric surfaces
- Recharging the battery every now and then seems to be a trouble in this case
- The replacement battery (ones it discharges entirely) is quite expensive
- 2 tier radial cyclones are patented and use centrifugal force to spin out the dirt and dust.
- A 100% sealed system and post motor filter ensures that clean air is expelled out
- The suction power of the vacuum is 100AW thereby making it extremely powerful to clean the minute particle of the dirt from every corner
- Dyson digital motor, used in the vacuum, is 3 times more powerful than the average motors used in other cleaners
- Fade free lithium ion battery gives you a continuous cleaning of 20 minutes
- It can be switched to the max-power for strong suction according to your need
- The center of gravity is located towards the tip, gets easier to handle the vacuum in your grip
- Emptying the bin is just a matter of one push of the button
- Very effective in cleaning the indoors of your car
- Considering that it is merely a hand handles cleaner, the price is quite high
- You need to purchase a wall charger separately
3. Cordless and Lightweight Vacuum
- It is versatile in its functioning for the effective cleaning from the floor to the ceiling
- The Truepet motorized brush helps in deep cleaning of the carpets
- The capacity dust cap is double the usual size for an unobstructed cleaning session
- The LED lights illuminate the work area for a better sight
- Light in weight.
- Very powerful suction
- Comes with innumerable accessories for making the cleaning task easier
- Has a 5 years warranty
- Filtration is not HEPA
- The coil does not retract automatically. You would need your hands to wrap it back
- The motor produces 20% more suction as compared to the V6
- The HEPA filtration system makes it suitable for the allergies as well
- Use of lithium-ion battery offers a continuous 20 minutes of fade free suction
- Switching to max power mode will offer powerful suction for harder cleaning jobs
- Dyson engineered suction uses 2 tiers for better air flow
- Incredible performance despite being lightweight
- Recommended for those who have pets at home
- Does not produce irritating sound while functioning
- It is quite expensive owing to a good battery running time
- There is no soft roller cleaner head for cleaning the hard floors like that of marble
How To Compare Shark vs Dyson Vacuums?
When it comes to comparing Shark vs Dyson, we cannot call one as better than the other. Both the brands have earned a good reputation in the market by offering quality products to its customers. Hence, a perfect vacuum cleaner depends entirely upon your needs, budget, and preferences regarding the offered features. Certain points of comparison that can be taken into consideration are:
Plastic is the sole material used for making most of the parts of the vacuum. Both the companies stand at the same position in terms of the quality of material used for construction. None is better than the other. But as far as the designing of the new models are considered, Dyson has taken a step ahead this time in the argument of Dyson vs Shark.
The uniqueness of their product is evident from the successive developments every now and then. Moreover, they also stand ahead than the Shark vacuums in terms of the features and overall build.
For instance, though the technology of cyclonic suction is used in the models of both the mentioned brands, but better results are shown by the Dyson vacuums. Features like retractable cords in the Dyson cleaners add to the positives.
Owing to the better greater quality, Dyson has come out to be the preferred brand. But it is to note that shark can be tagged as more durable comparatively. The warranty policy on the product by the company gives it a longer life in addition. The warranty period on the main model of the Dyson is only 5 years whereas it is 7 years on the Shark’s main model. Hence Shark gets another point in the Shark Vs Dyson comparison.
But the complaints, due to the use of plastic by the manufacturers, cannot be ignored. The point of satisfaction lies in the fact that despite the drawback of the use of plastic (which is quite frail and likely to break) by Shark and Dyson, the former one compensates it with other features and company’s warranty policies. It is to note that even Dyson does not lag behind other brands. It offers longer warranty period as compared to many other companies.
The power of a vacuum means the suction ability of the machine to clean your house. The radical suction system used in the Dyson vacuums makes it extremely powerful as compared to other cleaners which operate only on the cyclonic suction. The powerful suction helps in the better cleaning of your house (no matter if it is a floor or a carpet) and maintains airflow.
The cost of Shark vacuum cleaner is almost half of the Dyson’s price. Moreover, they are way heavier and are difficult to handle. On the other hand, the shark vacuum is lighter, portable and easy to use. Though they have a shorter power cord, the cleaning power of shark vacuum cleaners is as good as the one offered by its competitor. If the debate over Dyson vs Shark is eating up your mind, consider your pocket to make the decision.
Hence it depends upon your budget. If you are not willing to spend a hefty amount for Dyson, you would have to adjust with the minimal list of the features that are available in shark vacuums. Else, Dyson is the best option if you have a good amount in your wallet to be spent.
As it can be observed from the above-mentioned review, the shark is giving a cut throat competition to the Dyson. Choosing the better one entirely depends on your budget and preferences, as it had been mentioned earlier. There is no winner when the subject of discussion is Shark vs Dyson.
Shark vacuum would be an idea for the people who are searching for a lighter, portable and easy to use cleaner. They are also less expensive. But do not expect it to have exceptionally good features or tremendously awesome power.
On the other hand, Dyson can be an apt option only if you are willing to pay a good sum in exchange of some advanced technology feature vacuum. Also if you are looking for a more durable option, Dyson is your product as it has high-end quality overall and also comes with a complete warranty.