Purchasing a high-end vacuum is a significant investment since you need to keep a broader perspective. Apart from having miraculous cleaning power, the product should be convenient to handle, durable yet not very expensive.
Owing to the many options available in the market, it is essential to look into a few reputed and trustworthy brands before you decide. Also, your choice needs to take your individual lifestyle and cleaning needs into account.
If you have been searching for the best vacuum cleaner this year, you must have come across several reviews talking about Shark vs. Dyson. After all, these are two of the leading manufacturers of home appliances at present.
Shark vs. Dyson – Comparing The Companies
- Number of employees: About 800
- Estimated Market share: 20%
- Annual turnover: $2 billion
If you stay in a multi-story building and find cleaning quite a complicated task, Shark vacuums are meant for you. They are extremely light in weight and are capable of going up the stairs. Also, it works commendably to clean the indoors of your car.
The ‘lift-away’ feature distinguishes it from all the other vacuum cleaners available in the market. The canister and wand can be easily detached from the body to convert it into a canister style model, which is very portable. It is no rocket science to switch from one mode of the cleaner to the other.
What adds to this fantastic range of products is the feature of the motorized brush roll. It can be turned off or not depending upon your need and flooring type that is to be cleaned. Some of the vacuum cleaners that are produced by Shark include shark navigator, shark rotator, and shark rocket.
- Number of employees: 4000 +
- Estimated Market share: 27%
- Annual turnover: $8 billion
Vacuum cleaners manufactured by Dyson are incredibly innovative and different from the run of the mill stuff. The rotating ball in the vacuum allows easy movement. Also, it increases the power of suction. The ‘radial root cyclone technology’ ensures that every dust particle, pollen, hair, dander, etc… gets inside the vacuum effortlessly.
It works to make the airflow efficient. Looking into the specific functionalities (apart from the basic ones), the Dyson vacuums are highly recommended for those who own a pet. The self-adjusting plate customizes the height of the vacuum head automatically according to the type of floor.
Moreover, the updated version of the products offers you beater brushes for amazing results. The maneuverability of the Dyson vacuum cleaners is incomparable.
Shark vs. Dyson – Product Comparison for Black Friday & Cyber Monday This Year
To make it easy for you, we have tried to research and review a few of the products while comparing them simultaneously. The comparison between Dyson vs. Shark vacuum will hopefully guide you to mark your preference and make a better choice. After all, every penny counts; hence spend it on something worthy of it. We assure you that you won’t regret it later.
1. Upright Vacuum
- The product has washable filters, which are accompanied by the cyclonic technology
- The well-designed mechanism ensures the longevity and durability of the vacuum cleaner
- The powered lift-away technology makes it convenient to convert a canister into a handheld or upright
- The mini motorized brush in replacement of the air-driven brush gives better results
- Hard floor genie attachment
- Fingertip control on the handles makes it easier to switch from the carpet to the bare floor
- The swivel steering technology gives you control over the vacuum while cleaning the dirt and dust around the obstacles like furniture
- Powered lift-away makes it reachable to places that are otherwise hard to clean.
- A 3 in 1 combination avails you the feature of using it in whatever way you find comfortable.
- Relatively cheaper as compared to other models of the same brand as well as other brands
- Complete seal technology is a boon for the allergic as the vacuum seals the dust within itself and protects you from infection.
- The filters need to be cleaned now and then.
- The self-adjusting cleaner head makes it convenient to handle
- Tangle-free turbine tool is a great advantage for the pet keepers as it helps remove every hair of your pet from the carpet.
- The mattress tool helps in cleaning the mattresses.
- Releasing the hose and wand is easy.
- Dyson science traps the dust and prevents it from clogging the airways.
- The bin can be emptied in mere one push of the button.
- It is asthma and allergy friendly and hence can be used by anyone.
- It is designed to reach the farthest are unreachable parts of your house while cleaning.
- The multi-angle brush provides better cleaning by twisting into different positions.
- Since the brush head is smaller, the cleaner can’t dig deep into the carpets and clean them properly.
- The plastic body seems like a disappointment against the hefty price that you have paid for it.
2. Handheld Vacuum
- It is a potent cordless vacuum which is capable of wearing away the dust and dirt from all kind of surfaces
- Trumpet motorized pet brush helps you in getting rid of the fine animal hair
- Twister cyclonic technology offers strong suction for better results
- It comes with an 18V battery, which can be recharged after use
- It is very portable, light in weight, and easy to handle
- It is durable and comes with a warranty policy
- Also, it is capable of cleaning even the fabric surfaces
- Recharging the battery now and then seems to be trouble in this case
- The replacement battery (ones it discharges entirely) is quite expensive
- 2 tier radial cyclones are patented and use centrifugal force to spin out the dirt and dust.
- A 100% sealed system and post-motor filter ensure that clean air is expelled out.
- The vacuum’s suction power is 100AW, thereby making it extremely powerful to clean the minute particle of dirt from every corner.
- Dyson’s digital motor, used in the vacuum, is 3 times more powerful than the average motors used in other cleaners.
- Fade free lithium-ion battery gives you a continuous cleaning of 20 minutes.
- It can be switched to the max-power for strong suction according to your need.
- The center of gravity is located towards the tip, gets easier to handle the vacuum in your grip.
- Emptying the bin is just a matter of one push of the button.
- Very effective in cleaning the indoors of your car
- Considering that it is merely a hand handles cleaner, the price is quite high.
- You need to purchase a wall charger separately.
3. Cordless and Lightweight Vacuum
- It is versatile in its functioning for effective cleaning from the floor to the ceiling
- The Trumpet motorized brush helps in the deep cleaning of the carpets
- The capacity dust cap is double the usual size for an unobstructed cleaning session
- The LED lights illuminate the work area for a better sight
- Light in weight.
- Potent suction
- It comes with innumerable accessories for making the cleaning task easier.
- It has a 5 years warranty.
- Filtration is not HEPA.
- The coil does not retract automatically. You would need your hands to wrap it back.
- The motor produces 20% more suction as compared to the V6.
- The HEPA filtration system makes it suitable for allergies as well.
- The use of a lithium-ion battery offers a continuous 20 minutes of fade-free suction.
- Switching to max power mode will offer powerful suction for harder cleaning jobs.
- Dyson engineered suction uses 2 tiers for better airflow.
- Incredible performance despite being lightweight
- Recommended for those who have pets at home
- It does not produce an irritating sound while functioning.
- It is quite expensive owing to a good battery running time.
- There is no soft roller cleaner head for cleaning the hard floors like that of marble.
How To Compare Shark vs. Dyson Vacuums?
When it comes to comparing Shark vs. Dyson, we cannot call one better than the other. Both brands have earned a good reputation in the market by offering quality products to their customers. Hence, a perfect vacuum cleaner depends entirely upon your needs, budget, and preferences regarding the offered features. Certain points of comparison that can be taken into consideration are:
Plastic is the sole material used for making most of the parts of the vacuum. Both companies stand in the same position in terms of the quality of material used for construction. None is better than the other. But as far as the designing of the new models are considered, Dyson has taken a step ahead this time in Dyson vs. Shark’s argument.
The uniqueness of their product is evident from the successive developments now and then. Moreover, they also stand ahead of the Shark vacuums in terms of the features and overall build.
For instance, though cyclonic suction technology is used in the models of both the mentioned brands, better results are shown by the Dyson vacuums. Features like retractable cords in the Dyson cleaners add to the positives.
Owing to the better greater quality, Dyson has come out to be the preferred brand. But it is to note that sharks can be tagged as more durable comparatively. The warranty policy on the product by the company gives it a longer life besides. Dyson’s main model’s warranty period is only 5 years, whereas it is 7 years on the Shark’s main model. Hence Shark gets another point in the Shark Vs. Dyson comparison.
But the complaints, due to the use of plastic by the manufacturers, cannot be ignored. The point of satisfaction lies in the fact that despite the drawback of plastic (which is quite frail and likely to break) by Shark and Dyson, the former one compensates it with other features and the company’s warranty policies. It is to note that even Dyson does not lag behind other brands. It offers a longer warranty period as compared to many other companies.
The power of a vacuum means the suction ability of the machine to clean your house. The radical suction system used in the Dyson vacuums makes it extremely powerful compared to other cleaners that operate only on the cyclonic suction. The powerful suction helps in the better cleaning your house (no matter if it is a floor or a carpet) and maintains airflow.
The cost of Shark vacuum cleaner is almost half of Dyson’s price. Moreover, they are way heavier and are difficult to handle. On the other hand, the shark vacuum is lighter, portable, and easy to use. Though they have a shorter power cord, shark vacuum cleaners’ cleaning power is as good as the one offered by its competitor. If the debate over Dyson vs. Shark is eating up your mind, consider your pocket to make the decision.
Hence it depends upon your budget. If you are not willing to spend a hefty amount for Dyson, you would have to adjust with the minimal list of available features in shark vacuums. Else, Dyson is the best option if you have a good amount in your wallet to be spent.
As observed from the above-mentioned review, the shark is giving a cut-throat competition to the Dyson. Choosing the better one entirely depends on your budget and preferences, as had been mentioned earlier. There is no winner when the subject of discussion is Shark vs. Dyson.
Shark vacuum would be an idea for people searching for a lighter, portable, and easy to use cleaner. They are also less expensive. But do not expect it to have excellent features or tremendously awesome power.
On the other hand, Dyson can be an apt option only if you are willing to pay a good sum in exchange for some advanced technology feature vacuum. Also, if you are looking for a more durable option, Dyson is your product as it has high-end quality overall and comes with a complete warranty.