Water-based Air Purifiers, also known as air revitalizers, utilize water to clean air instead of typical filters. Regular air purifiers use large HEPA or carbon filters to do the job, whereas we’re talking about using only water. That’s where this question comes from: How well do water-based air purifiers work? Getting a good quality water-based air cleaner can effectively trap larger airborne particles, allergens, dust, and many more. However, many self-bragging brands claim to make effective machines that don’t do any good in real life.
So, let’s examine water-based air purifiers inside out and learn the basics of their functions in this context. Let’s talk about how a good water-based air purifier works. Once you know the working procedure, you’ll have an idea of what to look for while buying your next water-based cleansers.
What is a Water-based Air Purifier?
As we mentioned before, an air purifier with water filtration is called a water-based air purifier. There are various categories of water air purifiers you’ll find, like for large rooms, for cars, with ample water basins or small. Water-based purifiers reduce potentially dangerous pollutants in the purifying process as it utilizes water.
Depending on your room size, purifiers help to clean the air. If you installed an air purifier for your room, cleaning the atmosphere at your desired rate will be difficult. If you have a water-based air purifier for a large living room with higher capacity, it can clean the contaminated air adequately.
A water-based air purifier filters contaminated air in the water basin and releases sterilized and fresh air. These cleaners can work well in indoor areas as a humidifier and diffusers.
It will make your home’s atmosphere more refreshing and welcoming. The most exciting thing is you can use any essential oil in your purifier or even add scents or aroma to make the air smell good.
How Does a Water-Based Air Purifier Operate or Work?
Using a water air purifier and operating them is more accessible than any other machinery. Through some simple steps, it works to purify your indoor air.
- Intake Contaminated Air: This water air purifier pulls out polluted air through an intake vent from your room.
- Refine Air & Trapped Pollutants: Polluted air will go through the vent to the water basin and swirl around it. Here, most of the dust particles and pollutants will be trapped.
- Release Fresh Air: Subsequently, fresh and decontaminated air is released through a water-based air purifier.
Work Process of Water-Based Air Purification:
- Light Humidification: water-air purifier will release a limited percentage of moisture or humidity levels in your indoor air.
- Light Air Purification: Lightly purifies the indoor air and effectively cleans air pollutants.
- Aromatization: Your air purifier will work as a diffuser while you put in a few drops of essential oils or scents.
How to Use Water Air Revitalizer?
Using a water air purifier is effortless. Here are some steps we’re mentioning to use your water-based air purifier. To get the best outcome from it, follow these steps-
- First, keep your doors and windows shut when you’re going to start the purifier.
- Follow packages’ to fill up the water basin and plug it.
- Like other HEPA filters, you can not change your water filters. Just clean it regularly.
- For best results, clean the water basin every week.
- Your purifier can work better if there are a few feet of space on both sides of it. This needs to circulate air with zero obstruction.
- According to your room size, place your cleaner in the proper position.
How Well Do Water-based Air Purifiers Work?
Water air revitalizer is the best thing if you want refreshing and fragrant air in your home. However, this purifier works less than traditional HEPA filter-based air purifiers.
A water-based air purifier is intended to refine air quality in your home. Here are some advantages that we’ve described here-
- Mild Allergens: In the air, various allergens present that can trouble people sensitive to these. A water-based air purifier can remove some mild allergens from the atmosphere of your home.
- Pet Dander: If you’re a pet owner, then you’ll smell a mild stink in your home from time to time. You can try aromatherapy with your water-based air purifier to get rid of such stink and help to get fresh air. You’ll get those scents for your water air purifiers in the market.
- Household Odors: This sort of purifier can help you if you have had extreme household odors or a smoker in your home. These odors can cover if you use any essential oils, as we said earlier. Your cleaner can also remove cigarette smoke, spores, etc.
- Mild Humidifying Effects: Water-based air revitalizers release clean air as well as moisture. This air purifier can help you avoid dry skin as well as chapped lips. For this reason, it increases the humidity levels in your house.
How to Clean Water-Based Air Revitalizer?
Cleaning your water Air purifier is an essential thing. However, you have to check the manufacturer’s instructions before you start to clean your one. When you’re using a water air purifier, it requires changing water weekly. But, you need to follow the whole procedure carefully.
- Turn Off and Unplug Your Purifier: Before cleaning your purifier, remove the plug and start to clean it for your safety.
- Take-Off Lid: Take off the lid of your water air purifier with a simple press or, if you have a screw, then unscrew the cap.
- Remove Fan: Remove the fan and clean dirt as much as possible. Your purifier supplied air through this fan, so cleaning this part is essential.
- Wipe Down Top Unit: Don’t rinse or submerge this part of your cleaner. Use a wipe towel to wash the top of your water-based air purifier.
- Clean Water Basin: Dump the water basin and wash with soapy water or vinegar. Soak the water basin for 30 minutes. Now rinse, then wipe it out with a clean cloth.
- Wash Unit’s Stem: To clean the inside of the unit’s stem, use something like a Q tip. It’ll ease the cleaning procedure.
- Let it Dry and Replace it Back: When the procedure is completed, let your purifier dry in the sunlight. If this is not possible, air dry every part you’ve cleaned.
When the stem unit is completely dry, refill the water basin and replace the whole thing. Now plug in your water air purifier and use it.
How Do I Add Scents or Aroma to My Water-Based Air Purifier?
If you’re wondering about adding some aroma to your water air purifier, then you’ll be happy to know that it’s an easy-to-do task. First, purchase some essential oils according to your choice.
Otherwise, pick one that will help your family members. Because few essential oils have healing powers, they help reduce migraines, anger, heal emotionally, and kill Lyme bacteria better than antibiotics.
Some air purifiers even have essential oil vials that you can use. While you’re using water-based air purifiers, add a few drops of essential oils to the tank. We’ll recommend 5 to 8 drops approximately. While water swirls in the basin, the aroma will spread slowly. If you like a strong scent, then try a few more drops.
Difference Between Water-based Air Purifiers Against Conventional Air Purifier
Using a water-based air revitalizer has so many benefits, as already indicated. Cleaning and maintenance are relatively easy because this purifier includes a water filtering system (learn the way we can integrate water filters into an eco-friendly lifestyle). It’s a multipurpose device you can use as a purifier, humidifier, and perfume diffuser. Some of them also have LED for night lights.
This cleaner is comparatively more cost-effective than a HEPA (High-efficiency particulate air) or Carbon filter purifier. With affordable prices, you can find the best one. But they aren’t as effective as air purifiers with HEPA filters. Water-based air filters don’t hit the 99.97 percent pollutants filtering standard. Air cleaners, such as HEPA filters, can remove particles as small as 0.3 microns and are more significant.
Water-based air revitalizers are great as they create minimal background noise. There is no need to spend money on filters as they have a water basin. You are required to clean it and change the water regularly.
How to Select the Best Water Based Air Purifier?
Choosing the best water-based air cleaner on a budget is challenging. You have to look for some significant features while selecting one.
- Fan Speeds: Controlling your purifier is better if several fan speed options. Adjust the speed under your needs and weather.
- Water Tank Capacity: It has a compact water basin regarding the size of the air purifier. That’s why this requires cleaning frequently. So, you have to choose a cleanser with a large water basin if you want to run this machine for a more extended period.
- Multifunctional: Select multifunctional water-based air revitalizer. Some cleaners have a function that you can use as a diffuser.
Though a water-based air purifier refreshes indoor air, there is no evidence that it cleans air effectively as HEPA filters. You can go with a water air purifier if you’re concerned about the expense. Yet as we said, there’s nothing better like HEPA filters.
However, this pretty little machine will do better than anything when you also use it for a humidifier and diffuser. You’ll love this water air purifier when it fills your indoor with fragrances.